Sunday, June 27, 2010

Post-Party Glow

GREAT day yesterday. I celebrated the day I was born 4 days early this year. I had my friends, my family, and most importantly, my boyfriend there to celebrate with me. I had a great day, and really enjoyed seeing old, and new, friends, as well as spending the day with the love of my life.

Beyond just a great day with a fabulous sherbet and white ice-cream cake, I went to my weekly ritual at Weight Watchers. I lost 2 pounds last week, bringing the total to 12.6 pounds! I was so proud of myself, because I really wasn't feeling great about my weight loss this week since I strayed from my rigid exercise routine. But there is some power in changing it up. Those two days in the pool were probably more exercise than I realized, and working your muscles in different ways is always a way to stimulate weight loss.

Seeing Ryan yesterday did a lot for me. It reinforced the love I have for him. It reinforced how strong our relationship is, even with time spent apart. And even though he doesn't say it, it proves to me that he does love me. Despite the growing need to hear those three words said, being held in his arms, lying on the couch at my house was enough for now. I try to think of ways to remind myself that he truly cares about me and wants to be with me, but his gift yesterday was perfect. He framed a picture of us that I have been begging him to make a copy of for me. He picked out a great frame and it really meant a lot to me: more than something that I would ultimately cast aside.

Speaking of gifts, I got the shoes I've been dying to try. Reebok Easy Tones. The ones constantly on T.V. making me believe in the power of great advertisement. So I got them in silver and a darker shade of fuschia. They are very comfortable. In the weeks to come, I'll let you know if I notice a difference.

Overall, I'd say my early birthday was a great combination of what I needed, and what I wanted. It's hard to think that in just 4 short days, I will be sedated and having 4 wisdom teeth removed. But for now, I'm just enjoying my post-party glow.

No comments:

Post a Comment