Thursday, June 24, 2010

Every Girl Needs a Little Black Dress

There have been a lot of advancements since my last post. For starters, I went to the established church of Weight Watchers on my holy day, Saturday, and weighed in. I lost 2 pounds last week. Total weight loss: 10.6 pounds. That is 5% of my starting weight. I was so happy, that a lot of the week to follow made sense.

I was a LOT happier at work, because I was beginning to get a shred of my self esteem back, which is on my summer "To-Do" list. It's a slow process, but its well on its way. As well as the bit about losing weight, liking myself, becoming healthier, and determining a better sense of WHO. I. AM.

Part of the healing process was covering the wound from my first day of work, where an elderly patient cussed me out and made me literally shaken to my core. I knew that I should have written it off as, "Oh, he's just old." But I couldn't. I tried. I tried to laugh it off, cry it off, analyze it until I was blue in the face, and nothing and no one could make me get rid of the feeling but time and experience.

Which I got. On Monday, and Tuesday of the following week. It began to get easier to deal with patients, and I began to feel more comfortable with my job. But the fact of the matter is, my job is constantly changing. No two days are ever the same, even with the same patient. Every time I stand outside one of their apartments after knocking at the door, I can't help but feel vulnerable.

So, this created a need for relaxation, which ultimately resulted in "glamour therapy." I started with watching Sex and the City. Which has helped put a little spring in my step the last few days. The clothes, the characters, the shoes. It's all a little bit of my alter-ego. And watching it makes me able to live the more mature life I so desperately desire, even if only living it vicariously through Carrie Bradshaw, Samantha Jones, Charlotte York, and Miranda Hobbes.

After watching hours of a group of 4 female friends discussing every detail of their lives, I got a little bit of that myself. I spent two fabulous days by the pool with Tiffany and Kayleigh Dyer, and Sarah Taylor. A shopping trip boosted my self confidence with a fabulous pair of shoes, and what we coined as my "Goal Dress." This dress is fantastic. Chic. Black. (And every girl needs a little black dress ;) Really looks great on me, when I get closer to goal weight. I could wear the dress now, but, I have decided to save this dress for occasions such as . . . our Band Banquet in glorious California! So, by then, I should be able to wear the dress with my head held high, and a gorgeous boy on my arm. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love this and I love you! You are amazing and I can't wait to see you again!

    Love,
    Baby Killah
    *rawr*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell yeah! As the summer goes on we'll have more days by the pool and watching "Sex in the City" :)

    ReplyDelete