Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Taste of Success

I got a taste of what it feels like to succeed today. I went to Weight Watchers for my first weigh in after I started their plan. And... I LOST 4 POUNDS! In 1 week! How Awesome is THAT! I was beyond ecstatic. This made me feel empowered. This made me feel like saying no to cookies was a good thing.

And even better, I am starting to feel better too! I followed the plan, it worked. I exercised almost every day, and its paying off. I'm starting to feel the effects of working and having my efforts rewarded. And I'm not hungry all the time. I'm satisfied and I take pride in myself for cooking my own meals, preparing the food, cleaning up, working out. It's almost cathartic. (Well... It is.)

I've never seen myself as one of those people who ENJOYED working out and sweating and feeling their heart race and their legs feel like jello the next day. But now? I'm really enjoying it. And it's because I'm doing it for me. Not for anyone else. And the only person who can judge me, is me.

I was elated to actually start my weight loss journey, but next week will be hard since I'll be at camp four days next week for Teaching Fellows. I will use my hand as my portion guide and really try to exercise and drink water. That's the skills Weight Watchers has taught me so far in how to handle situations like this. I guess next Saturday at weigh in will be the ultimate test of how well I handled it.

In other, non-weight related, news, I got a callback from the Home Care Supervisor at Croasdaile for my second and final interview! So that looks like it is a go for the summer and beyond. Which would be one of my goals crossed off the to-do list. Hopefully everything will work out in that department.

I'm so proud of myself. For once in a long time. I am determined. I am succeeding at losing. (Weight, that is.) I'm happy with me. Now if I didn't miss Ryan so much, or if he was here to celebrate with me, that is the only way this victory could be any sweeter.

3 comments:

  1. That is AWESOME! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so freakin proud of you!!! Yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats girl. There's nothing better than feeling pride and satisfaction in yourself knowing that you set a goal and you worked to achieve it. Way to go and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete