Friday, May 14, 2010

The Last Supper

So. Tomorrow is the big day. The big "weigh in," no pun intended. What spurred me into doing this only one day after writing my Summer Goal blog? Two words.

SCALE. SHOCK. It was horrible. I expected to weigh in at the weight I joined last time, but I am 10 pounds over what I was last time. I actually was in disbelief. So, needless to say, I'm getting ready to start the journey back to a normal size, and hopefully, a more pleasant version of me.

I had what is known as "the Last Supper." You know, we've all done it. The night before you start a new diet you completely pig out on all your favorite foods because you know you won't be able to have them. It started with lunch. I tried to counteract the impending fat and cholesterol with a salad, with very oily dressing, I might add. I had an order of Fried Pickles from the Gulf Rim Café. Positively to DIE for. I also had a spearmint lemonade locopop, as well as bought a Belgian chocolate buttercream truffle from Matthew's. I know it sounds like spearmint and lemonade wouldn't go together, but they were absolutely amazing, especially as hot as it was.

Before going to my grandmother's to enjoy my final FEAST for her birthday, I decided to try and cut the calories I had from lunch, since I AM weighing in tomorrow. I began my exercise routine of choice.

"Walk away the Pounds" with Leslie Sandsone. Wonderful. A grandmothers gift to a 15 year old porker 4 years ago is still what I go to for a video workout. Since I don't want to pay money to go to a gym, and hardly use it, and I already own these videos, I figured "why not?"

I forgot "why not." Those tapes are hard for someone who has been a couch potato for a while. And her voice is a little grating, yet familiar. It was odd. I didn't like it, but at the same time, I did. Maybe its my cold feet, or my fear, but I wasn't going to go back on that scale, so I figured I had better learn to like her.

After working up a sweat, I went to Nana's and gorged myself of a Red Robin "Bleu Ribbon" Burger, steak fries, and Ice Cream cake with lots of Icing. It was delicious. And a great way to say, "goodbye, world of taste." Hello, cardboard pasta.

Its okay. I've come to accept the fact that my palate will change over this process, but so will my body, and that's a compromise I suppose I'll have to make.

As I sit here, eating the last of my Belgian Chocolate Truffle, I pray that whoever reads this isn't going to think I'm just a pudgy nobody. I hope you'll support me.

2 comments:

  1. Angie,

    I am backing you all the way! You can do it!! <3

    Love,

    Abigail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlfriend I am here for you. I went to the doctor and my BMI was slightly overweight. So for a person of 5 foot nothing, that's saying a lot. My goal this summer is to lose 10-15 and get back to a more comfortable weight too. But I will say this, I don't believe in cutting out all the foods we love, I just believe in portion control and being more active. My problem is not out of control eating, I'm just too sedentary. It'd be cool if you lived close, then we could do that work-out vid together! lol

    ReplyDelete