Friday, May 14, 2010

A Goal in Mind.

I have just begun my Summer of 2010. There are going to be a lot of milestones during these three months, but more so, a lot of setting up for milestones in my near future.

My 20th birthday is just around the corner. Can you believe I've made it two decades? I can't believe that I am almost out of my teen years forever! It seems odd to say, but on one hand, I don't feel like I'll be out of my teens until I'm 21. (You know, when your life REALLY begins.) I don't know why they picked such an odd age. Now, I have to consider stepping into a new decade part of my teen-hood. I suppose I could always call it twenty-teen. ;)

I am interviewing for a summer job on Monday at Croasdaile Village as a Home Care Companion. This will hopefully be a job that I can keep for winter breaks, spring break, and summers to return to and earn some money.

But beyond that, my goal this summer is to get healthy. I was looking through some pictures on my computer and ran across all the ones from when I was at a healthy weight. I looked incredible. I was confident, and I gave off a totally different vibe than . . . now. So I'm going back to Weight Watchers to gain back my figure, my confidence, and my life. I'm also going to help my grandmother do the same thing. Teamwork.

Ultimately, my goal for this summer is to transform. Transform the physical, the mental, the emotional. Physical, we discussed. But being apart from Ryan will really make this hard on the other aspects. We are so close.

But this summer I get to reinvent myself. I am going to hang out with my friends, by any means necessary. I am going to engage myself. I am going to dream and find out what made me confident and vibrant, because I'm too young to feel this old. My job, my appearance, my activities, myself. Those are my goals this summer. Lets see how much I accomplish after the summer ends.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Angie! I support you! This too is going to be a summer that I devote to myself. And btw...Your life doesn't begin at 21. I'm 22 and it still hasn't begun. I think it will start after I get a real world job. Graduating with a degree was part one, real job is part two!

    ReplyDelete