Monday, September 20, 2010

I Was Wrong.

It never ceases to amaze me how the things that you never thought you would like end up changing who you are. For me, that is Sigma Alpha Iota. I swore on my life that I would never join some any fraternity or sorority. I stereotyped it and said that it "wasn't me."

I have never been more wrong. This organization is all for promoting and supporting music. That is part of who I am. A musician. I will always find music more moving than visual art, film, or poetry. It is one thing that can bring me to my knees. The women in this organization never fail to astound me. They are supportive, loving, and make me feel more alive than ever before. I feel like I could do anything knowing they are there for me.

I have always relied more on myself than on any one person because I'm always afraid that the bottom will drop out and they'll turn on me, or fail to be there at all. These women are not like that. Particularly, my big sister. She is a beautiful, talented, caring, loving individual whom I admire and respect above most anyone I have ever known. I feel truly blessed for her to be my big sister and to be there for me throughout my process.

I have only just begun this process towards becoming a sister, but I already feel that it has changed my life for the better. This is one of the best decisions I ever made in my life and I cannot wait to see what else is in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment