Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"For Every Season, Turn, Turn Turn"

Dear Blogging Community,

I am very sorry for my lack of propriety and filling you all in, but I have a good reason. If idle hands are the devil's workshop, I am definitely a child of God. 'Cause I am busy nearly every second of the day. I'm taking 19 hours this semester. And if that weren't enough, I decided to Rush Sigma Alpha Iota.

So, since I left the land of the world wide web, I moved back into my dorm at Western. I have my own room, and an awesome suite mate, who is lovely, quiet, respectful, oh... and a beast section leader. I successfully completed Band Camp, as well as wind evaluation day and I'm proud to say I'm a member of the Gold Exhibition Band and I play 1st Lead Piccolo. Not bad for a voice major, if I do say so myself. Marching Band has been going swimmingly; hot, humid, marching on mars, dirt in my lungs, sweat drenched, and with 380 uniformed members. Yeah. Insanity. GOD, I love it.

Classes are back in session and kicking my butt with full force. A quick run-through will explain my sentiment on most of them.
Music History - lots of info to process and the professor will grade my papers harder than anyone else in the free world. Overall, a good class, though.
Concert Choir - I sing alto. I sing alto. I sing alto.
Early Music Ensemble - I sing alto. I sing alto. I sing alto.
Honors American Gov't - Man is old. He calls us by last names and he really gets into politics. Kinda boring, but at least he's semi-entertaining.
Piano 3 - Brad. Kill me now.
Elementary Music - No one said this class required 15 hours of observation! And its long. And silly.
Strings - I don't like them. The man is WAY too excited about the class. I'll be glad when its over.
Choral Methods - The class that is supposed to be most pertinent to my life once I graduate is the least. Its the "Oh, look what I taught my middle schoolers today" instead of teaching me how to teach High School choir.

That's the lowdown on classes. Plus lessons. Whoo. Plus an extra "Women's Pop A capella" ensemble for Ashley. Hopefully should be a lot of fun to do. But what I'm really excited about was Rush Week for Sigma Alpha Iota. We had a ton of fun at the Ice Cream social, getting to talk one on one with the sisters, Sister Sing and Tea, and the PJ Service project cleaning Coulter. On friday, I got my bid. And my heart about beat out of my chest. I got my first note from my Big Sister today. This whole process is SO exciting. I just can't wait.

So as you can tell, I haven't neglected you, oh faithful yet few. I have simply been busy finding things to tell you about!

2 comments:

  1. Do you have Livingston? Please tell him you know Miss Roper. He will love you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHH. Yes. I do have Livingston. If I can remember to tell him in between his tangents, I will! :)

    ReplyDelete