Sunday, July 18, 2010

10 Weeks to 10 Percent!

That's right. You guessed it. I FINALLY lost 10 percent of my starting weight! When I went to my ritual weigh in, I was expecting a small weight loss, since I haven't been able to exercise much since my wisdom teeth removal. I was pleasantly surprised when I dropped 4.4 pounds last week. This brings my total weight loss to 19.2 pounds! And... I finally got my keychain to put my 5k Challenge charm on!

I have been noticing a lot of changes in my health since the weight came off. The stairs aren't so dreaded and I don't huff and puff when I get to the top. I have more energy. I still can't sleep, but that's a whole separate deal. If I exercise everyday, I deal with stress better.

I haven't seen many people lately besides those at work, so I haven't gotten the "Have you lost weight?" comments yet. I'm waiting for those to start popping up. Sometimes I doubt that when I go back to school anyone will even notice. They'll just say, "Wow, Angie. How was your summer?" If that. I know there will be the people who read this blog (I think. I hope.) who see me and say something. But other than that, its kind of difficult to think that anyone else would care.

The last bit that I'm waiting to see is the clothes start fitting better. I have noticed a LITTLE bit. Such as, when I first came home, I couldn't wear the shorts that I wore last summer, but now those fit. But I'm not going to see big changes in the clothes department until my mid-section shrinks, and that is usually the LAST to go and takes a lot of working out to accomplish.

But I'm happy with how much I've done so far. And I'm even more determined to reach goal weight and lifetime status. And be able to look great in my Goal Dress for California! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment